Terms & Conditions These conditions explain the rights, obligations and responsibilities of all parties to this Agreement. Where we use the word “you” or “your” it means the Customer: “we”, “us” or “our” means, as the circumstances require, Transport Executive Ltd. We recommend you arrange insurance to cover your goods and/or premises. Your attention is drawn to Clauses 8, 9, 10 and 11 which set out our liability to you for loss of or damage to goods and property.
1. Our Quotation. Our quotation, unless otherwise stated constitutes the entire agreement between the parties together with these terms and conditions but it does not include customs duties, port charges and inspections or any other fees or taxes payable to government bodies or otherwise arising from the removal or introduction of your property into or out of the United Kingdom or any other jurisdiction. We may change the price or make additional charges if circumstances are found to apply which have not been taken into account when preparing our quotation and confirmed by us in writing. These include:
(i)You do not accept our quotation in writing within 28 days, or the work is not carried out or completed within three months.
(ii) Our costs change because of currency fluctuations or changes in taxation or freight, fuel, ferry or toll charges beyond our control.
(iii) The work is carried out outside our normal business hours (07.00- 19.00hrs) at your request.
(iv) If you collect some or all of the goods from our warehouse, we are entitled to make a charge for handing them over.
(v)We supply any additional services, including moving or storing extra goods (these conditions apply to such work).
(vi)The stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or unload within 20 metres of the doorway.
(vii) We have to pay parking or other fees, fines or congestion charges in order to carry out services on your behalf.
2. Work not included in the Quotation Unless agreed by us in writing, we will not:
(i) Disconnect, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment. (b)Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
(ii)Move items from a loft, unless properly lit and floored and safe access is provided.
(iii)Move or store any items excluded under Clause 5.
(iv) Dismantle or assemble garden furniture and equipment including but not limited to: sheds, greenhouses, garden shelters, outdoor play equipment and satellite dishes. Our staff are not authorised or qualified to carry out such work. We recommend that a properly qualified person is separately employed by you to carry out these services.
3. Your responsibility. It will be your sole responsibility to:
(i) Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for removal transit and /or storage, against all insurable risks as our liability is limited under clause 9.
(ii) Obtain at your own expense, all documents, permits including parking or visitor permits or vouchers or relevant change for the parking metres, permissions, licences, customs documents and any other documents necessary for the removal to be completed. This includes reserving a suitable parking place/suspension bay within close proximity of the property for our vehicle/s.
(iii) Be present or represented during the collection and delivery of the removal. We are not responsible for any goods if the location or property is left unattended.
(iv) Ensure authorised signature on agreed inventories, receipts, waybills, job sheets or other relevant documents by way of confirmation of collection or delivery of goods.
(v) Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
(vi)Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited to) tenants or workmen are, or will be present.
(vii) Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their removal.
(viii) Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents. (i)Provide us with a contact address for correspondence during removal transit and/or storage of goods.
4. Goods not to be submitted for removal. Unless previously agreed in writing by a director or other authorised company representative, the following items must not be submitted for removal or storage and will under no circumstances be moved or stored by us. The items listed below may present risks to health and safety and of fire.
(i) Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, pornographic material, potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition.
(ii) Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of any similar kind.
(iii) Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
(iv) Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
(v) Any animals, birds or fish.
(vi) Goods which require special licence or government permission for export or import. If we do agree to remove such goods, we will not accept liability for loss or damage unless we are negligent or in breach of contract, in which case all these conditions will apply. If you submit such goods without our knowledge we will make them available for your collection and if you do not collect them within a reasonable time we will apply for an appropriate court order to dispose of any such goods found in the consignment without notice. You will furthermore pay to us any charges, expenses, damages, legal costs, interest or penalties incurred by us. You are responsible for obtaining all permits, licences or any other documents required to transport your goods into another jurisdiction than England and Wales. We are not responsible for any loss of damage caused by failure to do so, including, but not limited to, the confiscation of your goods. Further, you will indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any loss, damage or costs caused by your failure to obtain such permissions, including, but not limited to, any fines.
5. Ownership of the goods. By entering into this Agreement, you guarantee that:
(i) The goods to be removed and/or stored are your own property, or
(ii) The person(s) who own or have an interest in them have given you authority to make this contract and have been made aware of these conditions.
(iii) You will provide us with a full indemnity and pay us in respect of any claim for damages and/or costs brought against us if the statement in 5 (i) or (ii) is not true.
6. Amendment & Cancellation fees.
(i) Amendment. A date and time can be changed for free of charge unless the booking is moved from a weekday to a weekend; in which case you will be charged a 20% increase. This will need to be taken via a card payment upon request of the change. If a move is moved from a weekday to weekday there will be no fee for this. A minimum of 24 hours is needed in order to change the time and date of a move. Notice will be needed to be given either verbally over the phone or via email. If notice is provided outside of this time period a £5 fee will be charged. Transport Executive may waive this charge depending on circumstances.
(ii) Cancellation. If a move is cancelled within 24 hours of placing the booking the deposit will be refunded in full back. If a booking is cancelled after this time period 50% of the deposit will be kept; capped at £50.
(iii) An order can be placed on hold for 6 months for free of charge. To activate the booking you will need to email us on email@example.com or speak to us over the phone.
(i) A 40% deposit will be provided in order to secure the booking. Payment will be taken from a debit/credit details supplied to secure the booking via payment sense. The 60% remainder is due to the driver for the quoted time only.
(ii) Additional costs will be incurred beyond the allotted time. Any additional fees should be collected by the office and paid via a card payment.
(iii) You may not withhold any part of the agreed price.
(iv) Any outstanding balances which are not settled within 14 working days will incur a 20% increase on the balance. After 14 days if the balance is still outstanding the debt will be passed on to a debt collector and you will be liable for further charges. Prior to this Transport Executive will try and contact you 3 times.
(v) The minimum time period is an hour and any subsequent time will be billed per 15 minutes.
(vi) VAT is included in the cost of the removals or storage at the prevailing rate.
(vii) We reserve the right to set off any charges which might otherwise be due to you, any sums due to us from you in relation to the contract or any other contract between you and us.
8. Determination of amount of our liability for loss or damage. In the event of direct loss (excluding any consequential losses) of or damage to your goods caused by negligence on our part, our liability to you is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement, taking into account their age, wear and tear, depreciation and condition immediately prior to their loss or damage, subject to a maximum liability of £50 per item. For the avoidance of doubt, all liability and compensation for loss shall be calculated as above and not on a “new for old” basis. We will always seek to repair an item in the first instance in which case the damage will be limited to the repair costs. We do not accept liability for loss of or damage to goods confiscated, seized, removed or damaged by Customs Authorities or other Government Agencies unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract. We will accept liability for loss or damage:
(a) Arising from our negligence whilst the goods are in our physical possession, or
(b) Whilst the goods are in the possession of others if the loss or damage is established to have been caused by our failure to pack the goods to a reasonable standard where we have been contracted to pack the goods that are subject to the claim.
(c) Where we engage an international transport operator, shipping company or airline to convey your goods, to the place, port or airport of destination, we do so on your behalf and subject to the terms and conditions set out by that carrier;
(d) If the carrying vessel should for reasons beyond the carriers control fail to deliver the goods or route them to a place other than the original destination, you may have limited recourse against the carrier depending upon the carriers terms and conditions of carriage. You may be liable for General Average contributions (e.g. the costs incurred to preserve the vessel) and salvage charges or the additional cost of onward transmission to the place, port or airport of destination. These are insurable risks and it is your responsibility to arrange adequate marine/transit cover. An Item is defined as:- The entire contents of a wardrobe, drawer, box, parcel, package, carton, or similar container; and any other object or thing that is moved, handled or stored by us.
9. Damage to premises or property other than goods. Because third party contractors are frequently present at the time of collection or delivery, our liability for loss or damage is limited as follows: If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than goods for removal as a result of our negligence or breach of contract, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only provided that we are not liable for the first £250 of any claim. If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction, against our advice, and where to move the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, we shall not be liable. If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage, you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt as soon as practically possible or within a reasonable time. This is fundamental to the Agreement. 10. Exclusions of liability. In respect of our liability, we will not be liable for loss of or damage to your goods as a result of non-delivery or mis-delivery, unless we have been negligent. We shall not be liable for loss or damage caused by fire or explosion. It is your responsibility to insure your goods against fire or explosion. We will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the following goods:-
(a) Bonds, Securities, Stamps of all kinds, Manuscripts or other Documents or Electronically held Data Records, Mobile Telephones;
(b) Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination; (c) Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment;
(d) Furs exceeding £100 in value, Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stones and Metals, Money, Coins, Deeds; (e) Any animals, birds or fish. We will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the goods if caused by any of the following circumstances:- (a) By war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, fires, flood, tempest or other adverse weather conditions, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control; (b) Loss or damage arising from Chemical, Biological, Bio-chemical, Radioactive, Electromagnetic activity and or weapons and Cyber Attack; (c) Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment; (d) Indirect or consequential loss of any kind or description including loss of profits; business interruptions; loss of contracts; or loss of revenue whatsoever and howsoever arising; (e) By normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances; (f) By vermin, moth, insects and similar infestation, damp, mould, mildew or rust; (g) By cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we arranged for the work to be carried out; (h) By change to atmospheric or climatic conditions such as dampness, mould, mildew, rusting, tarnishing, corrosion or gradual deterioration unless directly linked to ingress of water; (i) For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us;